Table of contents
The section will help you with steps to install the NTS KUnity manual installation.
- Joomla 4.x
- Kunena 6.1.x
Download template package
- 1Login on our website with your account
- 2Click to the My Order(s) → Kunena Template menu. Then download the template you purchased.
Template package structure
- nts_kunity_k5.zip (Template package for Kunena version 5.x)
- nts_kunity_k6.zip (Template package for Kunena version 6.x)
The Kunena component supports the installation of templates separately from Joomla! Extensions. So follow the steps below to install a new theme for your forum.
- 1From back-end of your website click to the Components → Kunena Forum → Templates menu.
- 2Click to the button on top bar.
- 3Browse to the template package you just downloaded.
- 4Click to the button to install the template.
Set NTS KUnity as default template style
After the installation is done successfully, the template will be displayed in the installed templates list Components → Kunena Forum → Templates. Select the template and press the button on the top bar.
This section will help you configure the category thumbnail and change the color for some forum elements.
Add category image thumbnail.
Instructions for creating avatar images for each category of the forum.
- 1 First, you need to know the number of IDs for the category that you want to create an avatar image for. To find out, from the backend of the website, click on the Components → Kunena Forum → Category menu. Look to the right, and you will see the ID numbers for each category.
- 2 Choose an image that you want to use as the avatar for that category. Then name the image with the format cat-[category-id].png (where "cat-" is the required prefix and "[category-id]" is the category's ID number. For example, cat-1.png or cat-68.png).
- 3 Copy the newly created image into the "images" folder at the following path: [root]/media/kunena/category_images/
- 4 Return to your forum and refresh the page to see the result
Theme color settings
With the NTS KUnity template you can change the colors for some elements of the forum to match the colors on your website, such as the forum's main color, the main menu color, the link color,...to change the color of the template please follow the steps below.
- 1From Kunena template configure, click the Colors tab.
- 2Use the color picker to change color for brand colors, menu color, link color,...
Dark theme / Light theme settings
- 1Click to the Components → Kunena Forum → Templates menu.
- 2Choose the NTS KUnity template. Click to the Colors tab.
- 3Choose Dark theme (default) or Light theme for forum.
Backup & Update
All settings will be saved in the file params.ini in the [root]/components/com_kunena/templates/nts_kunity/config/. So you need to back up this file when updating the new version for the template.
Update new version
To update the new version of the template you need to download the latest package from our website. Then perform the installation again following the steps in the installation section.
Add custom CSS
To customize some forum elements to better suit your website. Follow some of the steps below.
- 1From Backend: Components → Kunena Forum → Templates menu.
- 2Mark template you want to add custom CSS. Then click the button on the top bar.
- 3Enter your CSS code. Click or
- 4Empty the Cache if your turn on.